Friday, June 18, 2010

I just wanted a little light, not the moon....

I was small. I used to look at the moon and had the desire to get it in my hand. Shining ball of everlasting brightness....And then someone would show me the reflections , I would sprinkle the water up and get happy. Then I grew up!! So did my desires, my convictions, my thoughts, my contemplations, my wishes, my whims.... And I am affirmative the latter grew at a faster pace. This time I thought, I would not ask for the moon, I thought economically, I just wanted the light because according to my extreme selfishness, only that was useful.

I went to God's temple. I said- 'I know God , you love me. But this time , I want a proof. Some kind of evidence, so you have to give me all light that the moon has tonight, just one night , I am not asking for much'. I could see tears trickling down, God's eyes, yet I remained stubborn. I want it. I asked him- Why are you crying. He said-'Nothing'.He agreed. I was happy.
Coming home, i kept thinking, why was God crying??? He is the supreme power. He also has to cry??? Strange.

Night came. I was going to get what nobody had got. Moon's light- eternal, white, shiny, and mine. I kept looking, nothing happened. Night was passing, but I could not see the moon. I looked back, saw God sitting, again crying. This time, he hugged me tight, and said- "I was crying because my daughter asked something for the first time, The moon's light tonight, and I am helpless ". I was still not moved by his tears- I said why??
He said- "Today is No Moon Day"...
Looking at him- I said- You are such a diplomatic. I just wanted a little light, not the moon. And you played a game with me.
He looked back, distressed, broken down by my statement, and lit himself up. I got enough light. More than moon would have given me. But,....
I LOST GOD.....

1 comment:

  1. Yashna...? You can never loose God, okay? A pure, selfless heart is all that is required and you very much have it..... Don't say this ever...again.... God will feel bad...hurt....:(

    ReplyDelete