Friday, April 8, 2011

THAT"S WHY I REJECTED IISc...

From the time when I had started knowing Science & Technology, IISc, Bangalore was my temple, the ultimate Abode, the abode of God for me! I dreamt of it, because it was the best, it was incredible, it was untouched, the final destination for every quenched technologist.

IISc was always a dream because dreams are unachievable, they come true only in sleeps. And I, am one of those lucky persons whom God adores infinitely, unbound, no limits, may be that’s why he gave me this!!






And I rejected it! I rejected the most wanted, the most wanted of all my dreams ever, to be a part of the institution that forms the first page of my dream scrapbook. You can call me foolish, but I did that for a reason! Reasons actually, and the ‘s’ matters.

I just gave it a few minutes probably, few questions likely- Can I live away from my family, my dad won’t bring me ice-creams, neither is he going to be there to solve my problems with simple stories, nor will he be bringing me chocolates, and he won’t shout at me when I am wrong and then apologize even if the mistake is mine. Because the hostel room in IISc is going to be rough and walls don’t talk.

I just gave it a few thoughts I think, Can I live away from my mom- who’s going to cook me all those dishes, who’s going to listen to all talks infinitely big that I have talked about always, who will wipe away my tears, and watch 9:30 star plus soaps with me? Because the TV is not allowed in hostels, there’s just one big TV Room where my wishes don’t matter.

I just gave it a while, can I live away from my granny, who’s going to shout at me all the time, who’s going to find faults in everything I do? Because there I will be YASHNA SHARMA, 99.83%, and not the child I am...

And may be I am not in the mood to become a mature person right now! So I say, IISc – may be you are not for me, you looked good, but you are not! So, I say- I don’t like the course- Electronics Design and Engineering is not for me because there are reasons....!!

1 comment:

  1. :)) I am proud of you ^_^ And trust me, those who call u foolish are themselves so...

    ReplyDelete